Saturday, November 24, 2007

Doctor Update & Christmas Outreach

All went well at the doctor's office yesterday! He said that I'm doing very well and things are moving along. He also says that I'm probably going to have a big baby! I'm not sure if that's encouraging or not!

My only problem is that lots of swelling has settled into my hands and feet (and probably the rest of my body). I'm feeling pretty much like a swelling balloon - kind of reminds me of that blueberry girl who blew up into a ball in Charlie & the Chocolate Factory!

But thankfully I'm still not developing any of the other symptoms that can be caused by preeclempsia - high blood pressure, headaches, blurred vision, etc. So the doctor doesn't seemed too concerned about the swelling - just telling me to try to take it easy as much as possible!

Which is not the easiest thing to do when the week ahead of us with the 60 person team arriving from the US to help with the week-long annual Christmas parties that are a part of Extreme Response's outreach into various needy communities here in Ecuador! The team arrives on Tuesday night and will be busy preparing for parties - packing 6,000 gift bags with items brought from the US - and providing parties in 4 different communities, plus our annual party on Dec. 1 in the garbage dump here in Quito! It's such an exciting week and I hate to miss any of it - but its looking more and more like I'll be on the one holding down the fort in the office while everyone is out celebrating the reason for the season!

Please pray for the the group arriving on Tuesday and for the various outreaches - that many would hear the message of Christmas through our actions and smiles and hugs!

And thanks for praying for our doctor's appt. Our next one is on Tuesday, Dec. 11.

No comments: