Tuesday, January 1, 2008

In Good Hands





I couldn't resist taking these photos today while Santi was holding Nathan in the NICU. Nathan continues to improve. Now, he tends to get mad because he is still hungry after his feeding and it takes him a while to calm down. The doctor is increasing the amounts he can eat at a time as quickly as he can, but it still doesn't seem to be enough to satisfy him! I'm afraid we're going to run out of the pumped milk we've been saving up before I can start breastfeeding him! It looks like today that I will be released from the hospital and will also start breastfeeding him! So two big steps today! Pray as we adjust to a new schedule and figuring out how to work out trips back and forth to the hospital.

It's been very convenient and helpful to be here at the hospital. However, we will need to work with things with the insurance company as we found out on day 7 here at the hospital via email that they had precertified 4 days for me here in the hospital (seems kind of late to be notifying me of this after the fact). So we'll have to work that little detail out. The doctors were very hesistant to release me in light of the stress and everything going up and me needing to be close to the baby while still recovering from the c-section, plus they were concerned about what looked like an infection that I might had so they were keeping close eye on me (I'm fine now!).

The holidays have also complicated things a bit with doctors and schedules. It's 11:00 am here in Quito right now and we're still waiting for the doctor to come and release me. Plus it's time to go down and see Nathan and do a feeding and pumping.

But like everything else, we know that God will work it all out in His time. It's just up to us to be patient and trust!

No comments: