Monday, April 28, 2008

Good News!

So Santi and Nathan and I had a good trip to the US embassy this afternoon - we appreciate all your prayers! We were only there for about 1/2 hour and had all the paperwork we needed! I was surprised - I thought for sure I had forgotten something.

They told us to come back next Monday after 1:30 pm for Nathan's Certificate of Birth Abroad and his US passport! That's pretty quick service if you ask me - especially considering that the passport comes from an agency in the US and is sent down here. So I guess we can't complain too much.

It was also fun(ny) to get Nathan's passport photo - most of you probably know that the photo is very specific (2 x 2, white background, etc.). When I walked into the photo place and asked for passport photos for my son, the guy just looked at me, looked at the chair and the background screen and then looked at Nathan. I guess he had never taken a passport photo of a baby before. I convinced him that somehow we could do it - so I basically propped Nathan up against the white screen and the guy snapped the photos. When I walked out of there, $10 later, I had 6 photos for a US passport, 6 photos for an Ecuadorian passport (they are a different size than the US one) and 6 photos that are the correct size for Nathan's Ecuadorian ID. And they threw in a free 4 x 6 photo. I thought that was a pretty good deal for $10!

No comments: