Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Meeting Fatima


Thank you for praying for my friendship with Fatima, the girl whose little boy died of complications from CDH (Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia) in early September. She promised she would call me the next time she came to Quito and so I wasn't surprised to get her phone call this past Saturday! She was on her way to Quito from her home-town of Ambato (about 2 hours south of here).

So we made plans to meet for cafecito and a chance to chat. I packed up Nathan into the car, with lots of questions in my mind and wondering how I was going to reach out to this young girl who had already learned so many life lessons . . . . well, God had already paved the way and it turned out that we had no problems talking and chatted away like old friends.

She had lots of questions about our experience with Nathan and we talked about how important it is to have God in our lives - through both the good times and the bad. She's back to work now and trying to put her life back together after her loss. . . . and with much optism and enthusiasm, she's looking forward. She still has difficult days and thinks often of little Mattias - who only lived for 4 days (I erroneously mentioned 11 days in my last post about Fatima). But she realizes that raising Mattias by herself would have been a difficult job and that Mattias is now in a better place.

We said our goodbyes with promises to stay in touch and invitations to each others homes. I am excited to see what God will do with this new relationship - it's an amazing world as God brings people into our lives unexpectedly. I pray that I will make the best of this opportunity and point the way to Him through my actions and words. Thank you for praying for this meeting! And continue to pray for Fatima - she is seeking and looking . . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fatima is a brave young lady. I will pray that she asks the Lord to be her Savior and Comforter.

THE ISAZAS said...

Wow! What an amazing opportunity God has given both of you! I will be praying for Fatima.