Thursday, October 16, 2008

Prayer request for my mom

Many of you know my mom and probably would like to pray for her (and for those who don't know her, we'd love to have you uphold her in prayer too). She is suffering from severe anxiety and fear at this time. It's very difficult for both her and my dad as he having to do most everything around the house, plus take care of her (this has been going on for a few weeks now). She started some new medication for the anxiety about 2 weeks ago and we're still waiting for it to kick in.

She is also experiencing a great deal of back pain - we think it is related to the nerve issues; however, tomorrow she will be having an MRI done to make sure there is nothing physically wrong with her back.

She was crying on the phone this afternoon as she so badly wants to travel to FL again this year to spend winter there, but under her current circumstances, it would be very difficult for her to travel. They do have plans for November 15. Please pray for healing and rest and relief from the anxiety and fear. And for strength for my dad.

And I do want to say HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my Aunt Elva (mom's sister) who turns 91 tomorrow!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ruth,
What is your mom's name and age? I will pray for her!
Laura

The Arteagas said...

Thanks so much Laura - her name is Eula and she's 81 years old. We so appreciate your prayers!
Love - Ruth

Abby K said...

Praying for your mom...

Anonymous said...

I will pray Ruth. I must be hard for you being so far away from your parents.
Roni