Sunday, September 19, 2010

Nathan's Snowman







The other morning while I was baking in the kitchen, Nathan was playing with Play Doh at the counter. I asked him what he was making and he told me it was a snowman and then he asked me to open the cupboard to get some eyes.

I was confused (I know, my normal state of mind) but opened the cupboard anyway. Well, that particular cupboard is the one that I pretty much stuff just about anything into (recipe books, random papers, dominoes, flashlights, bubbles, crafts from Nathan’s day care, phone books, coloring books, crayons – seriously, there’s all sorts of stuff in there!). So I really wasn’t sure if I was going to find any eyes in there or not . . . but Nathan was insisting . . . so I opened the door and sure enough, there were some eyes staring me in the face . . . on one of Nathan’s crafts from his day care that I’ve been hanging onto (because it’s too cute to throw away!).

So I pulled the eyes off (don’t worry – I saved them to glue on again), and handed them to Nathan and he proceeded to take about five minutes to get the eyes in just the right place. I just love the look of concentration in this series of photos! Oh and I’m not sure that he has ever seen a snowman in real life, but he knew to make three balls and put them on top of each other – have no idea where he got that from (we do talk about snowmen from time to time in his picture books –maybe he got the idea from that).

2 comments:

Laura G. said...

Nathan is just adorable, and oh so smart, too!

Rachel said...

BEAUTIFUL kids!!! Love "catching" up with you on your blog!!!