Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Ten on Tuesday

1) It's rainy and cloudy and chilly today in Quito. I even noticed some fog this morning when we got up. It seems like it rained all night too (but I was sleeping, so I'm not sure).

2) It's good to have Santi back from the coast! Ten days is way too long to not have our husband and daddy around!

3) The two german shepherd dogs (actually puppies still - they will be one in May) on our property do some funny things - including trying to dig up grub worms (strange grubby looking bugs that live under the ground). They also wrestle with each other and growl at each other a lot - I guess that's normal for brothers, right?

4) HCJB recently had it's "spiritual emphasis" days - Jim Allen spoke on grace . . . .I was reminded to show lots of grace to those around me (cars who cut me off, cashiers who make errors, my kids, etc.) . . . .after all, I have been given a huge measure of grace by Jesus!

5) Santi is in the midst of a major change-over in the computer system at HCJB . . . . they are changing everything from Novell to something else (but I can't remember what is it). . . . he's working long hours - pray for him and the whole ISD team.

6) Extreme Response has hosted four teams this month. One team of high school students from Hawaii went to the Philippines to work with a ministry for street people. Santi was just with a team from PA who helped build a school in Pedernales - a coastal town here. And we have a team here in Quito from Omaha, Nebraska, who is helping build classrooms for a local school/church. And finally, we had a team from Canada working on another school project in a very poor neighborhood (Trujillo) near Lima, Peru. We love seeing God do amazing things through these teams!

7) Nathan and Isa actually played together quite nicely this morning. Yesterday, they fought like cats and dogs. Maybe it's all the good sleep they got last night? Maybe they just decided to like each other for a change. Who knows? Hard to read the minds of toddlers! I do wonder how they learn to be so awful sometimes though!

8) I need to do a post on my time in Pacoche, a coastal town where we did the 4-day ministry trip with our high school group. In the meantime, check out my photos on Facebook as I posted a ton of photos. I also need to share about Santi's time in Pedernales with the team from Calvary Church, PA.

9) Lots of cool events coming up in the next few weeks - our good friends, the Wendels, will be coming for a visit. Leader Mundial will host a leadership summit here in Quito for businessmen and ministry partners from around the world! We'll get to see people we haven't seen in a long time!

10) Nathan is pretty much obsessed with Buzz Lightyear right now.

1 comment:

Laura G. said...

Thanks for all the news! Have a wonderful time when the Wendels come to visit!