Monday, July 2, 2007

Update from the doctor

Just a quick note to let you know that things went well at the doctor's office today. She used a "doppler machine" (I have no idea what that is called in English, but I'm assuming that it's something similar in English) to hear the baby's heartbeat! That was fun! His heart is beating loud and clear (and very fast!).

In two more weeks, we go back for the 16 week ultrasound. We're looking forward to that.

Otherwise, I have a bit of high blood pressure which she wants us to watch (thanks, Paul & Susan, for loaning us your blood pressure cuff) and I need to cut back on salty food! Which was sad news for me as I seem to be craving mostly salty things (which probably explains the higher blood pressure)! For those who know me well, you know that I love chocolate and sweets . . . however, neither of those taste good to me anymore. Isn't that sad (for all you fellow-chocolate-lovers out there!)!?!?!?

Thanks for praying for our appointment today - it was thrilling to hear the baby's heartbeat! July 16 is our appointment for the ultrasound.

No comments: