Monday, July 2, 2007

Quito on a sunny day . . .

There is no doubt that summer time has finally arrived to Quito. We have big huge blue skies and very sunny days. One of the nice things about this time of year is being able to see all the mountains that surround the city. Quito is located in a valley at over 9,000 ft. altitude and it's hard to believe that at 9,000 ft, we can still see mountain ranges towering up over the city.

Today, from my office window on the second floor of our building, I have been enjoying the view so much that I decided to go up to the rooftop and take a couple of photos. You will see one snow-capped mountain, Cotopaxi. I believe that peak of Cotopaxi is around 20,000 ft. altitude. I have also been watching another snow-cap, called Cayambe, which is noted for being the only snow-capped mountain sitting on the equator. It's almost completely clouded over now, but it was very pretty earlier today. Anyway, enjoy the views from the rooftop (my view on the 2nd floor is not quite as nice as the rooftop - but it's similar). Hard to believe that I can sit here and see snow while sitting at the equator in July! Enjoy the photos.

Oh and today at 3 pm, we have an appt with my doctor and hopefully another ultrasound to see how Baby Arteaga is doing. We'll keep you updated . . .

(click on the photos to see more details)

Can you see Mt. Cotopaxi? It almost looks like a cloud.

Another view from the rooftop looking another direction (east) . . . this is just a small portion of the city - it still spreads out towards the north and the south.

No comments: