Friday, October 19, 2007

Noteworthy News

Just thought I'd share of a few things going on here . . .
  • My niece Cris will be arriving tomorrow night to spend 6 weeks with us. We're thrilled to have her here and are glad that she is able to work with the Pan de Vida (Bread of Life) ministry - helping street people through a hot meal program, health clinic, clothes closet and many other ways.
  • Santi will be having all four of his wisdom teeth pulled Monday afternoon at 4:00 pm. Pray that all goes well with the procedure. He is a very brave person, so I have no doubt that he will come through just fine. I would be terrified if it were me!
  • The FIRST MOMS' CLUB at the dump will be starting on Weds afternoon at the same time as the Kids Club. As many of you know, we have been wanting to start this ministry since last year, due to the interest of a number of moms who regularly attend the Kids Club. Brenda Walker will be leading it and the club will include the same Bible story and craft as the Kids Club, but we're adding other topics such as nutrition, health, family, marriage, etc. Please pray that this will be a way to reach these ladies even more. I've included a photo of Teresa, one of the moms who comes every week!
  • I have an appt with my doctor on Thursday afternoon. He has been concerned because my blood pressure is creeping up, so we will be checking that again as well as seeing the results of some lab tests from this week. We're hoping that preeclempsia is not setting in - the lab tests should let us know for sure. In the meantime, I've been trying to take it as easy as possible, not going to the office unless necessary and not doing any extra activity.
As you can tell, we have a busy week ahead of us! Thanks for praying and for all your encouraging notes and comments! It's so wonderful to hear from you!

No comments: