Saturday, March 29, 2008

Bottle Brush Tree

Several people mentioned that the tree in my previous post is probably a bottle brush tree - I guess they are seen in the US too. Today on our walk, I thought I'd take a close-up photo of the blooms for your enjoyment.

And at the end, I have also included a photo of the huge eucalyptus trees outside of our condo community. Eucalyptus trees are very prevalent here in the Andes mountains and grow to be very tall. They also grow very quickly. You can trim them down and within months it is growing back again. These trees are my view outside my kitchen window and they make me feel like I'm in a woods - especially with the wind blowing. The trees also smell wonderfully.




2 comments:

crt said...

thanks for the tour of your neighborhood. it's beautiful.

Lauren said...

Beautiful pics in these posts! I love seeing plants that grow in other countries.