Saturday, August 9, 2008

Nathan and friends

I know it's been ages since I've posted anything new. I'm not sure I can tell you what we've been busy doing, but would it help to say that Nathan has started crawling? Seems like my "free time" has almost completely vanished now!

I can already list some of things he's gotten into - he's figured out how to open drawers, he's gotten to extension cords and phone chargers (I guess I should baby-proof our floors better), he's figured out where our shoes are in our closet, he's found bits of papers and random things on the floor, he's found a couple of our door stops, he has found the buttons on our stereo system for our TV, he moved a flower pot . . . I'm sure I can list more things, but you get the idea . . . anything besides his toys seems to be interesting to him these days!

So . . . that's what I've been doing - chasing around after Nathan!

We have also been catching up with friends over the summer months. One of the things about being on the mission field is that change is a constant for us. And it seems the past year or so, that has been true for us as we have said goodbye to many of our good friends. It has left a big hole in our hearts - but we know it's time to also reach out to others and new people arriving to the field. We have enjoyed seeing Kelly again - she was a Summer Missionary who stayed with me a couple of summers ago. And our dear friend, Inez from CA who has been to Ecuador on HCJB tours now for a number of years! She was so excited to meet Nathan! We loved spending time with Roger and Lois - our good friends and co-volunteers at the Hogar Betania and great babysitters for Nathan.

Here are some photos of Nathan with our friends - it's been a joy to see all of you!

Nathan and Inez from California - we're so glad that she came on an HCJB Tour again - so much fun to see her!

With Roger & Lois - who are now living in the US - we miss you guys!

With Kelly - it's been great having you back for a summer!

And I threw in this photo with Mike - who is a missionary with his wife at Extreme Response. He just left for the states and will be gone for a month - we miss him and Carol too!

And then below are a couple of photos of Nathan and Roger hanging out near Santi's office - in one of the engineer's storage closets - could this be a sign of Nathan's future? He seems to be fascinated with the boxes and cables and wires and who knows what else they had in there!




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, a new post! I wish I could come visit and hold Nathan!

Love,
Laura Gaunnac